Friday, May 27, 2011

Examining the Yahoo Article "My Blog Is Also Paying My Bills"

Casting the digital equivalent of a message-in-a-bottle into the Internet’s vast sea of content, many people start Web sites or blogs hoping that they will find an appreciative audience for their precocious parrot videos, cupcake recipes or pithy commentary on everyday life. The dream, of course, is that they will develop a large and loyal following — and potentially profit from it.

While most of these self-publishers don’t attract the attention of anyone other than indulgent family and friends, there are those who find wider recognition and some income. What the successful have in common is a passion for their subject and a near-compulsion to share what they know. Advertising, merchandising, offline events, book deals, donations and sometimes sheer luck also play a part. (Read The Entire Article Here)
--KATE MURPHY NY Times
This article was sent to me by my girlfriend.  For the better part of four years, I've been producing multiple blogs with hopes of doing exactly what these folks are doing.  You can visit my other works here; Alliance-Wrestling.com, First2Third.net, and 4U2Consider.blogspot.com.  I have cultivated fans, but have yet to reach the financial success mentioned in this article.  When you read the article, you will see there a lot of imaginative ways to gain prosperity on your blogs.  What I cannot stress enough is be passionate about what you write about.  While creating these blogs, make sure your advertising less intrusive, over bearing advertisements could alienate your fan base.  I have used Adbrite for a majority of my advertising rates and I would highly recommend it to anyone. 

Thanks for reading, now lets make some dollars and sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments.